The materials handling industry has placed high demand on Technibelt for expert independent testing and analysis of conveyor belt. Such demand has allowed us to establish a sophisticated and modern independent conveyor belt testing facility catering to the international mining industry. The Newcastle based laboratory is uniquely capable of carrying out independent conveyor belt testing to Australian and International Standards.
Increased belt and splice life can often be achieved by using more appropriate cover rubber materials and carcass construction. The correct cover rubber materials generally add little to no cost to the belt price. The correct carcass construction can often reduce risk to business at a marginal cost increase.
Key outcomes from the specification and testing program
- If a conveyor belt, including splices, is operating at an acceptable level to our client. That is, does the life of a belt and splices meet operational, maintenance and life cycle cost expectations?
- If a conveyor design audit confirms an existing belt specification is suitable for the application?
- If the independent laboratory belt testing results confirm an existing belt specification is suitable for the application?
- If a design audit and belt testing results are unsuitable, the required new conveyor specific technical belt specification to exceed operational, maintenance and life cycle cost expectations. The Technibelt specifications for the materials handling industry always exceed Australia Standard requirements.
- A priority list that ensures the most critical conveyor belts are upgraded first providing maximum benefit to our client in the shortest time frame.
- Independent laboratory testing of new solid woven, ply and steel cord conveyor belts (and conveyor accessories) ensures conformance to our client’s technical specification. The laboratory testing is carried out on a sample removed from each roll of belt after manufacture but prior to delivery to our client.
- Independent laboratory FRAS acceptance testing to AS 4606-2012 of solid woven, ply and steel cord conveyor belts (and conveyor accessories) ensures conformance to AS 4606-2012. The laboratory testing is carried out on samples of new belt, used belt (second hand) and in-service belt (periodic confirmation for continued use of belt).
- Belt purchased against strict technical specifications and verified by independent testing ensures only quality belt is supplied to our client and eliminates any risk to business of belt ordered to incorrect specification or supply of faulty and non-conforming belt.
- Rationalisation of technical belt specifications and development of a critical belt stock strategy for our client (and across the mining group) ensures reduced inventory costs and availability of site stock in an emergency.
Belt Testing Projects
Technibelt conducted independent laboratory belt testing of a large number of rolls for an underground coal mine in NSW. The test results were compared against Australian Standard requirements, as well as our Client/Technibelt specifications. The belts were tested before delivery to the mine. Of major concern was approximately one ...read more →
Technibelt was commissioned to develop ply and steel cord belt specifications, an independent laboratory belt testing program and belt splicing quality assurance documentation for a new coal handling facility in NSW. Belt purchased and spliced against strict technical specifications and verified by independent testing ensured quality belt installations. Belt ...read more →